Terms & Conditions
1. RTÉ.ie (www.RTÉ.ie) is part of RTÉ which operates and manages this sector. By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms you should not access and/or use RTÉ.ie.
RTÉ reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. By continuing to use the site after changes are posted you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
2. You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or otherwise use RTÉ.ie content appearing on the RTÉ.ie site in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of such content requires the prior written permission of RTÉ.
3. You agree to use RTÉ.ie only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by any third party. Prohibited behaviour includes but is not limited to defamation, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or anything which may affect the operability or security of RTÉ.ie.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
4. RTÉ.ie content, is provided on a “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty whether express, implied or statutory of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5. RTÉ will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, interruption of business, loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of RTÉ.ie
6. RTÉ does not warrant that functions contained in RTÉ.ie content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that RTÉ.ie or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
7. RSS feeds of RTÉ.ie content are provided free of charge to individuals for personal and non-commercial use only. Use of RTÉ.ie RSS feeds for commercial purposes or by non-profit organisations will require the prior agreement of RTÉ.ie and you must first contact the Managing Editor of RTÉ ePublishing. By downloading a RTÉ.ie RSS feed, you acknowledge that RTÉ.ie does not accept any liability for its RSS feeds, and that RTÉ.ie is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites
8. You acknowledge that the content including but not limited to text, images and logos identifying RTÉ or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of RTÉ and/or third parties. You are not permitted to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of RTÉ, or any other third party without the prior written consent of RTÉ or the third party.
Contributions to the RTÉ Website
9. By providing “Content” to RTÉ.ie (which for the purposes of these Ts and Cs is defined to include any text of whatever nature including any comments or submissions posted by you to any part of RTÉ.ie ), photographs, graphics, video or audio), you agree that RTÉ.ie may – free of charge – use, edit, moderate, copy and make the Content or any part of it available as it sees fit on the RTÉ.ie site or on any other RTÉ or third-party services in any media worldwide. By providing Content to RTÉ.ie you confirm that it is your own original work and not copied from anyone else or infringing any third party’s rights and is not defamatory, obscene, harassing, offensive, threatening or in breach of anyone’s privacy. RTÉ does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available user contributions.
10. Where Content is provided by you way of comments that are posted to any part of RTÉ.ie, you agree that you will not seek to impersonate a third party or post comments which are falsely attributed to any third party. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any comments posted by you and that you are solely responsible for your conduct in posting such Content to any part of RTÉ.ie.
Third Party Sites/Links
12. RTÉ is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material accessed through the RTÉ.ie site. RTÉ does not exercise any control or supervision of content of these linked sites.
13. RTÉ.ie does not endorse, and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party sites. Third party sites linked through RTÉ.ie are not covered by these terms and conditions.
14. If any provisions of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
15. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
16. RTÉ reserves the absolute right to edit, moderate and delete user contributions in its absolute discretion. RTÉ cannot publish comments which are not accompanied by a full name and email address.