SAORVIEW Logo Policy
RTÉ owns all intellectual property rights in and to the word SAORVIEW. Accordingly RTÉ needs to ensure that any use of the word and logo SAORVIEW is not misleading and does not misrepresent the public in any way. RTÉ has secured registration of the word SAORVIEW to ensure that it can be used in a clear and consistent way to:
• Clearly brand the Digital Terrestrial Television and in-fill digital satellite services as platforms which carry Irish free-to-air television and radio services
• Promote these services to viewers as ready replacements to encourage switchover in the lead up to analogue switch off on 24th October 2012; and
• Identify receivers as approved devices which comply with all aspects of the receiver specification.
The logos are managed and administered by SAORVIEW.
RTÉ takes misuse of the SAORVIEW and SAORSAT name and logos seriously. All instances of logo misuse will be followed up. Repeated misuse of the brand and the logo will be pursued up to and including the issuing of legal proceedings.
Manufacturers may place the SAORVIEW logo on SAORVIEW-Approved receivers. This can be on the electronic Programme Guide, on packaging and on promotional material associated with the approved product. Manufacturers may not use the logo in connection with unapproved product in any way whatsoever. The terms “SAORVIEW compliant” and “SAORVIEW Compatible” are not permitted. The use SAORVIEW logo must be used in accordance with the SAORVIEW Brand Guidelines. All approved receivers are listed on the SAORVIEW website www.saorview.ie.
The SAORVIEW logo may only be used in connection with SAORVIEW-Approved products by registered retailers. SAORVIEW will provide Point of Sale material to registered retailers for use in-store. Any other use of the logo (e.g. advertising, promotional leaflets etc.) must only be used in accordance with the SAORVIEW Brand Guidelines. The SAORVIEW logo cannot be used on clothing, vehicles or in any other way. Retailers are strongly encouraged to register with SAORVIEW.
The SAORVIEW logo may only be used in connection with SAORVIEW-Approved products by registered e-commerce retailers. SAORVIEW products must be listed separately so that consumers cannot misconstrue any other type of receiver as being SAORVIEW Approved. Any other use of the logo (e.g. advertising, promotional leaflets etc.) must only be used in accordance with the SAORVIEW Brand Guidelines. The SAORVIEW logo cannot be used on clothing, vehicles or in any other way. E-commerce retailers are strongly encouraged to register with SAORVIEW.
Installers may only use the logo on promotional material in relation to the provision of SAORVIEW-Approved receivers. The logo may not be used in connection with aerials, cables or any other installation materials. Installers may not describe themselves as SAORVIEW-Approved, SAORVIEW-registered, or suggest in any way that they are endorsed by SAORVIEW. The SAORVIEW logo cannot be used on clothing, vehicles or in any other way.
The aerial installation trade in Ireland is unregulated at present. SAORVIEW is not in a position to establish the competence of any aerial installer and therefore there is no such thing as a SAROVIEW installer. SAORVIEW has entered into agreements with three installer registration bodies. Each of the three bodies assesses prospective members prior to accepting them for membership. Factors assessed include: competence to carry out aerial installation work, adequacy of public liability and professional insurance, Health & Safety, adherence to the HAS’s Working at Heights guidelines, and the use of proper materials. The following organisations are recognised by SAORVIEW :
• Confederation of Aerial Industries Ltd.
• Irish Satellite and Aerial Association
• National Guild of Master Craftsmen
In addition, the SAORVIEW logo has been incorporated into the logos of the three bodies confirming that they are “recognised by SAORVIEW” and the year for which this recognition is valid, namely 2012. This modified logo may be used by an installer member of one of the three member bodies for the period of one year.
The modified logo may be used by an installer on a work vehicle to confirm the installer’s membership of the installer registration body and that this body recognised by SAORVIEW. The use of the modified logo does not confer any recognition of the installer by SAORVIEW. The modified logo may be used on the installer’s printed material and website to communicate that the installer is a member of an installation body recognised by SAORVIEW. The modified logo may not be used on clothing or in any other way.
The installer registration bodies are obliged to ensure compliance on logo use by their members in accordance with their formal agreements with SAORVIEW. Furthermore, the installer bodies using this modified logo must ensure:
• The modified logo must indicate the calendar year for which it is valid.
• The SAORVIEW Brand Guidelines will be adhered to by the installer body and its members.
• The use of the SAORVIEW logo or the word “SAORVIEW” by installers is not permitted, and installer bodies must take all reasonable steps, culminating in cessation of membership to ensure that their members do not misuse the SAORVIEW logo or name.
• The installer bodies will monitor the use of the modified logo and take all reasonable efforts to prevent its unauthorised use (by unregistered installers and others).
• Where the installer body deregisters an installer, it will ensure that the deregistered installer ceases to use the modified logo with immediate effect.